Sometimes a recipe just comes to your mind and your instant reaction is “why didn’t I think of that before?” This recipe is just that. I made myself teriyaki chicken and was wondering what I should eat with it and the thought just came to me. The best part about the Cucina & Amore Quinoa Meal is that the sauce completes the meal. It has everything that you need that doesn’t require hours in the kitchen trying to prepare, but definitely provides all the flavor and nutrition.
The simplicity of this recipe is that you only technically needs 2 ingredients: teriyaki chicken and the Mango & Jalapeño Quinoa Meal. The teriyaki and mango blend together to provide the perfect amount of sweetness with a subtle bite of jalapeño heat.
I hope to have more of those “A-ha!” moments again because this one was one great idea that I’m happy to share.
Serving Size: 1-2
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Teriyaki Chicken
- Cucina & Amore Mango & Jalapeño Quinoa Meal
- 2 options for teriyaki chicken
- Buy pre-made teriyaki chicken
- Marinade your own at home (which is what I did)
- Preheat the oven to 400°
- Bake the marinated chicken breast for 8-10 minutes (depending on the thickness)
- Flip the chicken breast over and bake for another 8-10 minutes
- You could also grill or sauté the chicken breast for faster cooking
- Take the chicken breast out of the oven and cut into thin slices
- Unwrap the Quinoa Meal
- Mix the Mango & Jalapeño sauce with the pre-cooked quinoa
- Add as much sauce as you like
- Either serve the teriyaki chicken and quinoa meal separately or mix it altogether in one bowl
- Try using Cucina & Amore Spicy Jalapeño Quinoa Meal
- Add shrimp instead of chicken
- Experiment with some greens by adding some spinach or broccoli