For me, one of the most satisfying feelings is knowing that I finished something. When I know that I was able to commit and do my best to make it all the way to the end. Sometimes this feeling can be achieved when finishing a book, a workout, or in my case, an entire jar of salsa. I used to open ingredients that only needed to be used for one recipe and then it would just sit in the back of my refrigerator until it went bad and I had to throw it away. Such a waste!
This happened to me recently when I opened a jar of Cucina & Amore Fire Roasted Yellow Pepper Salsa to enjoy for my chip-dipping pleasure. Unfortunately, I was unable to finish the whole jar by myself. I had a foodie-inspiration, since I loved the salsa so much and wanted to make sure to finish it, but was all out of tortilla chips. I decided to use it as a topping/marinade for my baked chicken dinner. It was super simple and delicious and I was able to finish the rest of the jar. The salsa certainly hit the spot, both to my tastebuds and to my non-wasteful satisfaction.
The most unique feature of this salsa is that there are NO TOMATOES! It’s made with whole yellow peppers, sunflower oil, salt, vinegar, spices, garlic powder, garlic, potato starch and citric acid. AND THAT’S IT!
Serving Size: 1
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Chicken breast
- Cucina & Amore Fire Roasted Yellow Pepper Salsa
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- Bake the chicken breast on one side for 8 minutes (depending on the thickness of the chicken breast, it could be longer)
- Flip the chicken breast over, add the Cucina & Amore Fire Roasted Yellow Pepper salsa on top (add as much or as little as you like)
- Bake the chicken breast for another 8 minutes
- Enjoy with a side of rice or quinoa and your favorite veggies
- Try it with some mixed greens, the salsa can be the dressing
- Experiment with other meats like fish or shrimp